Get ready for a summer brimming with events and festivals. From the once-in-a-lifetime Eurovision to the usual big hitters like Creamfields, there’s one topic organisers simply cannot afford to overlook – successful event waste management.
The all-important pre-event planning
The sooner you kick-start your event waste management plan, the more likely you are to smash your goals.
First, nominate a responsible individual within your team to:
- Boost overall recycling compared to previous years
- Enhance segregation of different waste streams for recycling, reuse, and recovery
- Minimise on-site vehicle movements and reduce collections
- Educate everyone involved about the significance of recycling
Break down these tasks into manageable parts, matching them to your budget. Don’t bite off more than you can chew in one season!
Also, consider the different types of waste you’re likely to have on-site:
- Plastics, cans, and glass
- Campsite waste
- Hazardous waste
- General waste
Managing your event waste successfully
Waste management isn’t as daunting as it sounds. Your options include:
- Recycling/Reuse/Recovery – separate containers to avoid contamination
- Anaerobic Digestion – turn food waste into green energy and bio-fertiliser
- Energy from Waste – divert from landfill and generate renewable electricity
- Landfill – although not the most eco-friendly, sometimes necessary
Choosing Central Waste Liverpool – Your go-to supplier
Choosing an experienced event waste management company like Central Waste Liverpool can make all the difference.
We recommend checking a few things:
- Are they proactive with ideas?
- Do they understand your event priorities?
- Can they tailor a flexible waste management plan within your budget?
- Will they provide a detailed timeline showing key dates, decisions, and actions?
- Can they share testimonials and case studies?
- Is all their equipment clean and well-maintained?
- Do they offer a full range of container sizes and signage?
- Will they have staff on-site during the event and a 24/7 point of contact?
- How will your waste be managed and measured?
- Will there be a post-event review?
Knowledge, experience, and compliance
At Central Waste Liverpool, we’ve gained extensive knowledge and experience over the years. We can guide you on the likely number of containers needed, how many on-site compactors will be required, and even advise on venue location and access restrictions. We’re prepared for everything – even the unpredictable English weather!
During the event
When the big day arrives, everyone should know their roles. We’ll be readily accessible for any last-minute changes and keep a close eye on issues such as full bins needing to be emptied or other adjustments.
Once the event concludes, we’ll spring into action, removing all waste and containers from the site swiftly and efficiently.
With the physical work done, it’s time for a post-event review. We can provide data on:
- The amount of waste recycled/reused/recovered
- The number of different waste stream collections
- The number of vehicle movements on-site
How Central Waste Liverpool can make a difference
We believe in a greener future, and we’re sure you do too. That’s why we’re committed to delivering efficient and environmentally friendly waste management solutions for events just like yours. From the pre-event planning stages to post-event review, our dedicated Special Events team at Central Waste Liverpool is ready to support you every step of the way.
Let’s make your event stand out not just for the memorable experiences it provides, but also for its outstanding commitment to preserving our environment. Reach out to us today, and together, we can make your event greener and save you money.
Remember, the journey to a cleaner, greener event starts with a single step, and we’re here to walk that path with you. So, let’s get planning, and here’s to a fantastic, eco-friendly event!